Sunday, February 9, 2014

It is Time to be Persistent

I was hoping for some great insights this morning but what I keep churning over in my mind is a friend of mine who just won her THIRD court case against the University here in Triestre. Not one, not two, but a whopping THREE times, she, a mere mortal, went against that HUGE INSTITUTION, and won.

This friend of mine is strong, smart, and persistent. What drives her is the fact that other people who are treated unfairly do not have the strength of character, confidence or the money, to go against the system and fight for what's right. She does this in part for them.

Another reason she wins is because she is honest and fair herself. She works hard. She never tries to get something for nothing. She does the right thing as a rule and a habit. People like this give the rest of us hope to stand up for what's right.

So even if I do not have the brilliant idea to change the world in my blog today, I write anyway. I am persistent, and, anyway, thinking about my friend's good news reminds me to keep plugging along.


No comments:

Post a Comment