Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Learning Brings on INSTANT HAPPINESS

I have been grumpy over the last couple of days. It's nothing personal, Reader. I was feeling down that my tax situation had changed for 2014 and I didn't know until I went to deliver my 2013 info to my accountant on Monday. What a shocker. Now I have to pay something like a GAZILLION percent more taxes and I have to RE-BILL everyone I have billed this year and have no idea how that is supposed to look. Sigh.

As I seem to be the MOOD BAROMETER in my house, I realized I needed to do something quick to change my outlook this morning. If I am a toad at home, so is everyone else, which quickly becomes unbearable for all of us.

My same accountant who gave me the shocker news on Monday, also gave me a gem of an app to download (Did I tell you that I chose him as my accountant almost exclusively because I knew he was technological? It's true. My last accountant took weeks to answer emails and when he did they were written all in CAPS: AVOID NON-TECHIE ACCOUNTANTS! My accountant now even has his own app where you can calculate IRPEF and everything!). Have you seen it? It's called Memrise. It uses the latest research on learning to help you learn languages. So I downloaded it and decided to choose a language NOT because I thought it would be practical, but because I just liked the idea of it.

And, besides giving me IMMEDIATE JOY the moment I started learning the new language, I found an amazing benefit a few hours afterwards when I was watching an IKEA video about how to decorate extremely small spaces.

The interior decorator ended his talk by saying "Hej då" and I realized that Swedish is indeed practical for me! 

JOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your accountant must be very efficient! Not only can accounting software make things easy for him, it could even be updated on the latest tax laws. That taxation problem that you had would probably have cropped up anyway even if your accountant didn't know about it as you would have to deal with it in the future. At least, it's better to deal with it now than later. So, you're right; techie accountants are of immense help!

    Sergio Boyd @ Patrice Mills CPA, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your accountant! Good thing you were able to find one who’s willing to help you sort your taxation problems. Financial records are delicate information, and you really have to be with efficient people to accomplish accounting tasks accurately and orderly. Anyway, I do hope you’re able to continue your harmonious relationship with your accountant. Have a great day!

    Herman Thompson @ AccountAbility Plus

    ReplyDelete