Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Week Without Internet May have Positive Effect

I am not sure what it will be, of course, because going a week without internet was a complete nightmare for me (note: I was on vacation, so it wasn't a technology malfunction, just bad luck that the place I stayed had no wifi and my phone wasn't able to Roam). I found no solace in it, no clarity, no joy. I just felt like I do the first 15 minutes of every day before I put my contacts in-- Like there is a lot happening out there, but I just can't effing see it. Infuriating!

I understand the merits of unplugging once in a while. I also think that it is worthwhile to break addictions to news apps like the BBC and NYTimes (I took them off my phone. The iPad still has BBC but I try to check only once a day).

But not even being able to take a little peek at email or share a photo once in a while is FOR THE BIRDS!

That being said, I have decided to unplug a bit each day (I write to you now just as I should be unplugged, but isn't writing about unplugging just as good as the real thing?) for planning.

Yes, planning.
Organizing.
Prioritizing.

And you know what? That is a drag, too. Much less fun than constant distraction.
But I am sure it will eventually have a positive effect too.

I will keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment