Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Free Wi-Fi in Front of Duomo in Milan a Little Weak

Duomo is Behind me.
I left Bologna on Sunday (Klementina went back to Cervignano and met me there the next day) and arrived in Milan with a little time to kill.

Wifi on Klementina's train wasn't working (beware: wifi on Freccia Bianca "exists" but is not "activated"-- which to me means it does NOT exist so if you need to work, take the Freccia Rossa) and she needed to send a video to a journalist fast.

No problem, I say, because I am in front of the Duomo and there is free wi-fi.

Wrong. Instead, it was another case of it "exists" but is apparently not "activated". So I wasted a good 45 minutes trying to use that, then moved on to trying to get my phone to be a personal hotspot (like it had done the day before with no backtalk at all). Then, in a desperate move I went to the McDonald's cafè (Mickey D's chic incarnation/ Starbucks imitation fail) where there was (I am not kidding) no WiFi and THOUSANDS of people. It was depressing.

Then I gave up and went to see the Scala Theater and it started pouring down rain and I continued to wander wander wander looking for an ethnic restaurant (I always eat foreign food when I am alone in Italy. I eat Italian food every day and sometimes just need a break!) at an address that did not exist or my gps was having issues.

Then I checked my horoscope. "Problems with Communication today. You could misunderstandings with friends, business partners and People you love." Well, there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment