Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Television Interview Tip

Today I had a surprise web television interview for a very technical magazine on plastics.

Plastics, you say. What the Sam Hill do You know about Plastics! Nothing, really. But I did know that the animatronic Baby T-Rex growling next to me and batting his tail and whipping his head from side to side was made of some kind of plastic, and he was great eye-candy for camera. I also knew,(because I helped write the copy for 2014 catalog) that the company was concerned about using safe materials, so that would eventually have to come out.

The interview went surprisingly well. I believe this was because I decided to answer any question that came my way through the filter of the company's values. It helped that I knew what they were because I helped the company identify them.  

I am sure the interview went differently than the plastics people suspected, as we didn't go into technical detail. At the same time, I was able to touch on the materials used and bring them back to the company's overall strategy and mission. Luckily that worked and hopefully the viewers appreciate the difference in approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment